Page 2 of 3
- There are also some ‘vita icons’ in which the scenes are placed on the lateral sides of the saints: for example, the relief panels of Mariupol and Athens, , and two painted icons of Cyprus: [35, p. 38‒48, figs. 48‒49].
- A. De Pascale (2000), Scheda OA 1600209274. Hereafter, besides the published materials, I also refer to the unpublished catalogue entries (‘scheda’ in Italian) on certain murals, kept in the archives of respective local departments of Cultural Heritage Service. I cite the catalogue entry’s call number, the year of its compilation and the author’s name.
- N. Lavermicocca (1979), Scheda OA 1700034977‒78.
- L. De Rosa (1993); Scheda OA 1700129886.
- G. Borrelli (1982); Scheda OA 1500658366-4 and OA 1500658366-1.
- A. Orrù (1982), L. Pulina (1994), in Scheda OA 2000043141-1 and OA 2000043141-7.
- With few exceptions, like in S. Maria d’Anglona, where there was probably a cycle of the apostles’ martyrdom: .